VA Insured Home Loans help Service members, Veterans, and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners since 1944. VA provides a home loan guaranty to make the loan program available through lenders like us. This great home loan program can be used to buy 1-4 unit home with no down payment required!
Are You Eligible For a VA Home Loan?
Wartime/Conflict Veterans who served at least 90 days and were not dishonorably discharged:
- World War II – September 16, 1940 to July 25, 1947
- Korean Conflict – June 27, 1950 to January 31, 1955
- Vietnam Era – August 5, 1964 to May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf War – Check with VA regional office for specific eligibility.
- Afghanistan and Iraq – Check the VA’s Web site for eligibility guidelines for current service in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Reserves and National Guard
Members who have completed six years of service and have been honorably discharged or are still serving may be eligible for a VA loan.
Peacetime service of at least 181 days of continuous active duty with no dishonorable discharge. If you were discharged earlier due to a service-connected disability, you should speak with the regional VA office to verify eligibility.
- July 26, 1947 to June 26, 1950
- February 1, 1955 to August 4, 1964, or
- May 8, 1975 to September 7, 1980 (enlisted) or to October 16, 1981 (officer)
- Enlisted veterans whose service began after September 7, 1980, or officers whose service began after October 16, 1981, must normally have served at least two years.
Other types of service that may make you eligible for a VA loan:
- Certain US citizens who served in the armed forces of a government allied with the United States during World War II.
- Surviving spouses of eligible persons who died as the result of service or service-connected injuries. The surviving spouse must not have remarried.
- The spouse of any member of the Armed Forces serving on active duty who has been listed as a prisoner of war or missing in action for more than 90 days.
- Only spouses may be a coborrower on a VA insured home loans.
VA Loan Home Loan Benefits
- 100% financing, no down payment required!
- No monthly mortgage insurance . VA does have an upfront funding fee which is added to the loan amount.
- No prepayment penalties
- Loan qualification is sometimes easier than if you were applying for a conventional loan.
- Sellers can usually pay all closing costs.
- Veterans who receive VA disability benefits are normally exempt from the VA funding fee
- Compared to other low/no down payment loan programs like FHA and USDA, VA will usually have the lowest monthly payment.
We are honored to offer VA insured Home Loans to those who have served their country.